Saturday, January 17, 2009

A View to Remember - Day 16


For our 20th anniversary, we gifted ourselves with a cruise to Alaska. It has always been my dream vacation and I was lucky enough to have it come true. It was magical and breath taking and because our sons were with us, it was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. Every where we looked the view was awe inspiring, nature at it's most splendid! I took well over 1,000 pictures. I know, that's a lot to some, and perhaps not enough to others. All the scenese are as glorious as this, perhaps even more so in some cases. I revist these memories today because the kids want to go to disneyworld this summer for vacation, but I think nothing can top Alaska for being the true magical place on earth!

6 comments:

  1. I've never been to Alaska, but I'm sure it beats anything in Florida, hands down! But, I guess to a kid, nothing beats Disney World. Glad you have some lovely memories and photos from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that view is absolutely stunning. Who knew the barren lands of Alaska could be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to get to Alaska one day but DH says no way. He won't go anywhere colder than here in NC so i hope I get there one day. Wanna plan a trip, just me and you? We'd have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo litterally took my breath away!! I LOVE IT!!!! I'm dying to go to Alaska too! Hey, how about a Stamp Shack Alska meet up???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! Alaska is one of the places I hope to go to someday! Love your photo! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! what a pretty picture! i'd love to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete