Monday, January 12, 2009

Encased in Ice - Day 12




Brrr! It's cold out there. No snow, but still cold enough to freeze. The poor birds have no water to drink in our yard, it's all frozen, well until the sun comes up, that is. The bird bath freezes every morning encasing whatever has blown into it the night before! My kids have to go out in this weather and so does the hubby. I get to "drive" my youngest to the top of the driveway and sit in a warm car while we read and wait for the bus. Once he's on his way to school, I go back to a warm house drinking hot tea as I look out my windows! If it wasn't for my foray to the bus stop today, I wouldn't have any idea how cold it was!

4 comments:

  1. Brrrrrr is right!! Makes me cold just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! I just feel the chill when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look pretty cold. I'm freezing here INSIDE the house. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pic. Glad you can sneak back inside and warm up with tea!

    ReplyDelete