Friday, January 9, 2009

Therapy - Day 6


I started going to therapy at the end of last year for my shoulder and neck. I guess you could say I was a "stiff neck"! lol. Actually, my shoulder and my neck have been excrutiatingly tight lately so I finally had them seen. My doc sent me to a therapist. I thought it would be a waste of time. But, it hasn't. I did find out that I hunch like an old lady when I'm working on my crafts, I forget to stretch my neck, and I lean heavily on my left arm as I work. Hmmm....I wonder if that is what made me a stiff necked tight shouldered person! The therapist puts me through my paces first with some band exercises and then do some stretches. Then she massages my shoulder (mmmm....I would go just for this). Then I get iced and shot up with some electrodes. Just a few sessions later, I'm feeling a lot better. I wonder if this is helping or the fact that December is over and I've not been hunched over my table much lately. I think it's those yummy shoulder massages!

No comments:

Post a Comment