Monday, February 9, 2009

My survival kit While I Wait

It seems lately I've been doing a lot of waiting. Mostly, at the doctor's. Today, I took my oldest to the doc. He'd been complaining of sore throat, headache, and now ear pain. I figured sinus and thinking it most likely had progressed to an ear infection. The waiting room at my pediatrician is always full and the wait is extremely long. So, to fill my time, I made myself a new survival kit. An ipod loaded with my favorite songs (one's I can sing with, off key, of course!) I love to doodle, and here's a few samples of what I doodled. Anyway, once we got in to see the doc and he checked things out, this is what we found. But guess what. Clear lungs, clear ears, and visabily clear throat. So, the doc did a throat swab. Guess again, yup, it popped up positive for strep! No connection to the ear ache I originally took him in for. So, he is now on a 10 day antibiotic regime. Oh, and here's the kicker, as the youngest was complaining about sore throat too, I'm bringing him in tomorrow and doing this waiting all over again!!

1 comment:

  1. awesome idea to make a survival kit. I think I may do a similar one. I used to always keep a book or magazine with me, but have been forgetting lately. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete